- #15 e-SDRT plus e-HRTT = e-SDRT Version 5.0 available APRIL 1, 2009 Update Effective: April 1, 2009
In 2009, the Electronic Human Resource Tracking Tool (e-HRTT) was developed to replace the existing paper-based Human Resource Tracking Tool. The automated e-HRTT provides Communities/Tribal Councils with a more comprehensive overview of staffing patterns. Use of the e-HRTT tool is mandatory for all Communities/Tribal Councils (see Contribution Agreement).
As with the e-SDRT (Electronic Service Delivery Reporting Tool), protecting the privacy of the information is of utmost importance. In addition to ensuring that all servers and internet connections are secure, the following are some of the safeguards that are built into the system
- Community/Tribal Council level data can only be accessed with written permission from the community.
- All data is aggregated once it leaves the Community/Tribal Council. Personal identifiers, including the Community/Tribal Council identifier, are not uploaded (i.e. information does not leave the community).
- Employee Names and Employee Identification (ID) numbers are not uploaded:
- The Employee Name columns are Mandatory in order to ensure continuity and accuracy of data within the community. The Community/Tribal Council may use aliases if desired. If aliases are used, a detailed manual record should be kept to ensure the aliases are track-able within the Community/Tribal Council, (e.g., in the event of staff turnover).
- The Employee ID numbers are Mandatory because they are required by the system to track data and data changes. The ID numbers are not uploaded and cannot be connected to an employee name except by designated Community/Tribal Council HCC staff.
- Specific information, (i.e. position/role, license/certification status, employment status -
Full-time, Part-time, etc, education level) cannot be tracked to an individual employee or an individual Community/Tribal Council once it has been uploaded.
- Regional and National Reports provide only regionally aggregated data, e.g. number of RNs or number of Full Time Personal Care Providers in a region.
e-SDRT plus e-HRTT = e-SDRT Version 5.0 available APRIL 1, 2009
On April 1, 2009, e-SDRT/e-HRTT Version 5.0 will be available to all users. This new version incorporates the 3 new worksheets that make up the new Electronic Human Resource Tracking Tool (e-HRTT). e-HRTT is an enhancement to e-SDRT that enables communities to capture information related to human resources. It replaces the current hard copy report.
Please use e-HRTT to submit your 2008 - 2009 Contribution Agreement Human Resource Tracking Report.
Training sessions are being held in every Region. If you have not had, or been scheduled to attend, a training session, please contact your Regional Home and Community Care Program Coordinator.
The e-SDRT system will not be available on March 31, 2009 to allow for the transition to Version 5.0.
On April 1, 2009:
- Contact your Regional Help Desk to obtain access to e-HRTT. It is up to the community to determine who should have access.
- Download e-SDRT/e-HRTT Version 5.0:
- Go to: Education Links
- Right click on the e-SDRT/e-HRTT Version 5.0 icon
- Select: Save Target As
- Name and save to desktop (or wherever you save your e-SDRT worksheets)
- Select: Open
- Select: Enable Macros (see note below)
- Enter data
Note: To check to see if you have enabled your macro, click on the Calculator button located in the top middle of the e-HRTT HR Staff Worksheet. The Calculator will not work if you have not enabled the macros.
- Upload e-HRTT data:
The process for uploading e-HRTT data is the same as for uploading e-SDRT data. You can upload your e-HRTT data on its own or with your 2009 e-SDRT data
Most common reasons for not being able to upload successfully:
- Community/Tribal Council Name is not entered correctly. Spelling must exactly match the name in the system files. If you are not sure of the spelling, go to Education Links and click on the 'Valid Community Names' icon
- Macros were not enabled (see above)
- Start a new worksheet:
When you have saved and uploaded your monthly data, save the e-SDRT/e-HRTT worksheet a second time and name the second/new file with the next month's date. Then delete the old e-SDRT Service Delivery data and the Client Demographic data that will not be used in the new month. This process eliminates the need to copy and paste e-HRTT data every month.
Upgrades to e-SDRT
There is only one minor change to the e-SDRT worksheets this year:
- On the Home Care Services worksheet, Number of Home Visits has been changed to Number of Home Visits/Events. This change will more accurately reflect the times spent doing Case Management.
Note: Case Management is a large part of a nurse's workload. Please remember to track your Case Management time in e-SDRT. If you have any questions re: what is included in Case Management, consult the on-line e-SDRT/e-HRTT Manual which can be accessed at Education Links, or contact your Nurse Advisor.
There are a few changes to the e-SDRT Reports:
- Number of types of reports has been reduced. The quarterly and semi-annual reports have been eliminated. Monthly and Annual reports will continue to be generated. The Annual reports will provide you with year-to-date information. This change has been made because, due the amount of data, the system is no longer able to generate all of the reports in a timely fashion.
- The Mandatory and Non-Mandatory Reports will be combined into one eSDRT report. This change has been made to reflect the increase in mandatory, and decrease in non-mandatory, fields over the past few years. This change will take effect September 2009.
- The e-SDRT system will no longer allow you to upload data that is more than 18 months old. This change has also been made due to the amount of data and slow system report generation. There is no time limit for e-HRTT data.
- The reports content will be expanded to include Number of Active Clients (by month, fiscal year and calendar year). An Active Client is defined as a client who has received home care services within the designated time frame. This change will take effect September 2009.
- The Community Space Report will only be generated if there is a value greater than 0 in the report. This will eliminate the number of pages of the report. This change will take effect September 2009.
Please, Please, Please discharge your clients from e-SDR
It may take a few extra minutes each month to discharge the clients but by not discharging them, the data, and hence our reporting ability is being negatively impacted
- The number of HCC clients being reported by e-SDRT is much higher than the number of clients who have actually received services over the year. In some communities, the number of 'active' clients is almost equal to the population of the entire community!
- The Average Length of Stay for HCC clients is showing as being over 500 days. While many of the clients are long term, this is not the average!
- It is not possible to calculate numbers related to the average number of hours of service to the average client. By not discharging clients, the numbers indicate we have an enormous number of clients, each of who receive very few hours of care per year! (number of service delivered hours divided by the number of clients)
- 'Reason for Discharge' provides the program with important information.